Discovery and delight await the young and the young at heart.
Each day we set sail with stories, songs, and poetry, on our journey of discovery, wonder, and delight. Listeners of all ages are invited aboard to share stories from all over the world, celebrating storytellers of all cultures.
Since 1976 Montana Public Radio has made a commitment to our younger listeners. Tune into the Pea Green Boat weekdays at 4pm.
Setting sail from a radio near you or press the orange play button at the top of this page!
Do you have a comment, birthday request, a story, or song that you would like to hear? Also interested in buttons, stickers, or bookmarks? Contact us here at:
Phone: 406-243-6511 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
FAVORITE PEA GREEN BOAT SONGS:
- The Hamster Dance, by Hampton the Hamster, from Hamster Dance
- Everyone Asked About You (Nora, Nora), by Bob McGrath, from Sing Me A Story
- Peanut Butter Bears, by Brent Holmes, from Bear Tunes For Kids
- Little Chickadee, by Chenille Sisters, from Teaching Hippopotami to Fly
- A Pirate's Life, by Cathy Fink & Marcie Marxer, from Scat Like That
- Waltzing With Bears, by Priscilla Herdman, from Star Dreamer
- Alligator In The Elevator, by Rick Charette, from Alligator In The Elevator
- There's A Pea On My Plate, by Bill Harley, from There's A Pea On My Plate
- On The Day That You Were Born, by Red Grammer, from Hello World
- T-Rex, by The Dinner Dogs, from Meet The Dinner Dogs
- Lime Jello, Marshmallow, Cottage Cheese Surprise, by Two of a Kind, from So Many Ways To Be Smart
Silly sponsor messages, a live radio drama and music with Josh Farmer and Loren Stillman gave the live Pea Green Boat episode an old-time variety show feel, featuring our talented staff.
Live from the Missoula Public Library - The Pea Green Boat! Join our new host Vicki Chaney and be a part of a special live broadcast on Tuesday, February 28th.
Lia Mendez, MTPR Children’s programming contributor joined Sam, program host and Dana McMurray, Children’s Librarian from the Missoula Public Library on The Pea Green Boat on Monday September 26 to shine a light on Huger Action Month with a reading of Maddi’s Fridge, written by Lois Brandt and illustrated by Vin Vogel, published by Flashlight Press.
Dr. Kimberley Rain Miner, Earth and Climate scientist from Nasa’s Jet Propulsion Lab will join us live on The Pea Green Boat February 2 at 4 p.m. to help us understand climate change.
It has been over thirty years since I moved to Montana with every intention of returning to Chicago when I finished graduate school, but like one of Darwin’s Finches, I found a niche. The niche: children’s programming here at Montana Public Radio.