A $10.3 billion state budget cleared an initial vote in the Montana House of Representatives this afternoon, without any support from Democrats. When state lawmakers walked into the legislative session earlier this year they were in the unusual situation of having watched the last state budget, passed in 2017, collapse .
- In Campus Update, UM President Says, 'We're Going To Win'
- Bill Aims To Protect Pregnant Women Seeking Addiction Treatment
- Governor Forms Advisory Council To Spur Discussion On Grizzly Bear Management
- State Budget Clears First Hurdle With No Democratic Votes
- FWP Program Helps Students Get Involved In Wildlife Management
- Resort Tax Increase Clears Initial State Senate Vote
How can we improve your online experience? Take a 5 minute survey about how you tune in, why you tune in, and what you want more or less of. Your feedback will help us understand your needs and guide our online efforts. Take the survey here to make your voice heard.
Featured Arts & Music
I’m not sure if I’ve ever been on a river, at any time of year, and not seen a Great Blue Heron . They seem to stand as solitary sentries on the rivers of Montana, but also on rivers from Canada to South America.