Fifty-six thousand Montanans recently got a text from the political committee supporting ballot issue I-186, which would tighten regulations on the mining industry. The group that sent out those messages said they were not "robo-texts," although a messaging app helped send them out.
- Western Montana Hunters Struggle During Opening Weekend
- LWCF Could See Revival In Senate Lame Duck Session
- Montana Cities Bid For USDA Office Relocation
- Visualized: The Incumbent Fundraising Advantage In Montana’s Congressional Races
- Political Texts Test Montana Campaign Practices Laws
- Headwaters Foundation On Its First Year of Grantmaking
Thousands of people turned out for a campaign rally featuring President Trump, U.S. Senate candidate Matt Rosendale, Sen. Steve Daines and Rep. Greg Gianforte in Missoula Oct. 18, 2018. At the same time, a "Love Trumps Hate" rally was happening across town where organizers registered people to vote, marched to the polls, danced and rallied in opposition to the president.
Check out some pictures from each rally here.
Arts & Music
Every autumn, deciduous trees and shrubs shed their leaves. In some years, leaves are shed earlier than in others. Why does this happen? What determines when leaves fall?