HELENA, Mont. (AP) — The midterm elections saw a record number of absentee ballots overwhelm voting machines in some Montana counties, found election officials in a dozen smaller counties still hand-counting votes and underscored the need to replace hundreds of aging and broken voting machines for the disabled.
- Gov Bullock Appoints New Head of Montana DEQ
- Gov Bullock, Lawmakers Start Work New State Budget
- Latest Grizzly Bear Death Brings NCDE Mortality Total To 48
- House Passes Bill To Drop Legal Protections For Gray Wolves
- State, County Officials Differ On Montana's Voting Needs
- Over 80 Snow Geese Shot And Left To Rot Near Augusta
Arts & Music
Composer, musical improviser and pianist Wayne Horvitz 's body of work sounds as eclectic as a short list of his ensembles: The Royal Room Collective; Sweeter Than The Day; The Gravitas Quartet; Electronic Circus; The President; Pigpen; Zony Mash. His collaborators include video artists, filmmakers, choreographers, performance artists, actors, poets and novelists - when he's not busy playing sideman to Carla Bley, Bill Frisell, Marty Ehrlich or John Zorn.