Update 6:44 p.m. Unhealthy air conditions were widespread in Montana today, prompting Air Quality Alerts in every county, according to the Montana Department of Environmental Quality. The DEQ announced this afternoon that smoke is affecting the entire state and air quality levels range from “unhealthy for sensitive groups” to “very unhealthy”. The DEQ recommends the following for unhealthy air quality conditions: “When air quality is Very Unhealthy... State and local health officials...
- Montana Wildfire Roundup for August 19, 2018
- Libertarian House Candidate Elinor Swanson Talks Public Lands
- Court Orders Further Consideration On Arctic Grayling Protections
- Montana Wildfire Roundup For August 17, 2018
- Air Quality Update For Western Montana, August 17, 2018
- Yellowstone To Chemically Treat Gibbon River To Remove Non-native Fish
The energetic and thrilling sounds of American composer Leonard Bernstein have influenced much of our listening experience and music-making today. Join MTPR August 20-26 as we commemorate the 100th birthday of the composer, conductor, performer, educator, and humanitarian. Bernstein 100 Week schedule on Montana Public Radio:
Arts & Music
From mountain streams in the west to rolling prairies in the east, Montana’s habitats and natural resources offer an abundance of culinary possibilities. The mountains provide the necessities for a delightful elk tenderloin with huckleberry demi-glace, while the prairie contributes to rattlesnake cakes with roasted red pepper remoulade. And gardens and farms statewide produce the makings of Aunt Lois O’Toole’s rhubarb strawberry pie. Chef Barrie Boulds and author Jean Petersen present locally sourced epicurean dishes that exude Montanan charm.